Founded in October 2001, Phoenixville Community Education Foundation is a 501 C 3 non-profit charitable corporation and public-private partnership dedicated to improving the future of public education in the Phoenixville area. The purpose of the Phoenixville Community Education Foundation is to empower the children of Phoenixville to thrive, thereby strengthening the entire community. PCEF endeavors to provide funding for programs and projects not funded by the school district budget,including after-school clubs and organizations, area pre-schools and community organizations delivering outside the school day educational enrichment programs. PCEF serves students in grades Pre-K through 12. Programs we support range from remedial to robotics. It is the foundation’s goal to have a positive impact on every child in our district through the programs we support.
Recent Milestones and Accomplishments
- Since 2002, PCEF has granted over $1.7 million to support education in the Phoenixville area.
- Students participating in Summer SAFE Academics demonstrated significant achievement gains in reading and math.
- The Robotics Club at Phoenixville Area High School, now entering its 5th year, was named Pennsylvania Alliance State Champions in June 2010 and was honored on the floor of the Pennsylvania House of Representatives.
- Our biggest annual “fund and friend” raiser, held in February 2011 at Rivercrest Golf Club, welcomed over 300 members of our community. PCEF raised over $40,000 to fund programs in the district.
- The Destinations With Direction program at Phoenixville Area High School has continued to expand its student services for high potential, economically disadvantaged youth to include college visits and fairs, cultural awareness activities, and weekly workshops/seminars in partnership with West Chester University.
- Over 500 economically disadvantaged youth began the school year with fully stocked backpacks.
- We have continued to offer financial support to Operation FOCUS, PAPA, Stepping Stone Education Center, Children’s Learning Center and other community organizations working with children.
Organization’s Plans for 2011: It is our goal to continue to fully fund the current programs and activities listed above, to work with the superintendant of PASD in obtaining funding/support for his priorities list, and to expand our giving ability for special requests as they arise in the Phoenixville Area.