Founded in October 2001, Phoenixville Community Education Foundation is a 501 C 3 non-profit charitable corporation and public-private partnership dedicated to improving the future of public education in the Phoenixville area. The purpose of the Phoenixville Community Education Foundation is to empower the children of Phoenixville to thrive, thereby strengthening the entire community. PCEF endeavors to provide funding for programs and projects not funded by the school district budget,including after-school clubs and organizations, area pre-schools and community organizations delivering outside the school day educational enrichment programs. PCEF serves students in grades Pre-K through 12. Programs we support range from remedial to robotics. It is the foundation’s goal to have a positive impact on every child in our district through the programs we support.
Recent milestones and accomplishments:
- March 2014 – Phoenixville Regional Chamber of Commerce presented Phoenixville Community Education Foundation with the “Community Betterment Award” for its contributions to supporting educational initiatives in the Phoenixville area.
- Since 2008, the Ed Foundation has granted over $2.1 million to support education in the Phoenixville area.
- Students participating in Stepping Up Literacy Program demonstrated significant achievement gains in reading.
- The Award Winning PAHS Robotics Club will continue into its 8th year and will be helping at PAMS to start Robotics Club. Both teams will be competing in an underwater robotics competition.
- Our biggest annual “fund and friend” raiser, held in February 2014 at RiverCrest Golf Club, welcomed over 350 members of our community. The Ed Foundation raised over $120,000 to fund programs in the district.
- The Ed Foundation was able to fully fund the elementary schools’ Odyssey of the Mind program during the 2012-13 school year.
- Over 550 economically disadvantaged youth began the school year with fully stocked backpacks and school supplies.
- We have continued to offer financial support to Operation FOCUS, PAPA, Stepping Stone Education Center, Phoenixville Area Children’s Learning Center and other community organizations working with children.
- Recipient of the “2014 Community Betterment Award” from the Phoenixville Regional Chamber of Commerce and received citations from the Pennsylvania State House and Senate and the Chester County Board of Commissioners.