Founded in October 2002, Phoenixville Community Education Foundation is a 501 C 3 non-profit charitable corporation and partnership dedicated to improving the future of public education in the Phoenixville area. The purpose of the Phoenixville Community Education Foundation is to empower the children of Phoenixville to thrive, thereby strengthening the entire community. PCEF provides funding for programs and projects not funded by the school district budget, including after-school clubs and organizations, area pre-schools and community organizations delivering outside the school day educational enrichment programs. PCEF serves students in grades Pre-K through 12. Programs we support range from remedial to robotics. It is the foundation’s goal to have a positive impact on every child in our district through the programs we support.
Milestones and accomplishments:
- In 2017 PCEF celebrated its 15th anniversary with a reception recognizing its Founders and inaugural Builders Circle members
- In 2014 the Phoenixville Regional Chamber of Commerce presented Phoenixville Community Education Foundation with the “Community Betterment Award” for its contributions to supporting educational initiatives in the Phoenixville area.
- Students participating in Stepping Up Summer Literacy Program demonstrated significant achievement gains in reading.
- The high school’s Physics Team traveled to Thailand to compete in a world competition.
- Our biggest annual “fund and friend” raiser, called the Phantom Fundraiser, is held every winter and welcomes over 325 members of our community. PCEF raises over $100,000 to fund programs in the district.
- Over 550 economically disadvantaged youth began the school year with fully stocked backpacks and school supplies.
- We have continued to offer financial support to Operation FOCUS, PAPA, Stepping Stone Education Center, Phoenixville Area Children’s Learning Center and other community organizations working with children.
- Recipient of the “2014 Community Betterment Award” from the Phoenixville Regional Chamber of Commerce and received citations from the Pennsylvania State House and Senate and the Chester County Board of Commissioners.
- Since its inception, PCEF has granted over $3 million to support education in the Phoenixville area.
We are forever grateful to our Founders – those individuals who served on our Board of Trustees in our first three years. They were instrumental in setting PCEF on the path to success.